Skip to main content

How to Qualify

Get Free Medical Care

No-cost healthcare is within your reach. We have the answers to all of your questions related to getting free medical care in Kershaw County when you need it most. No health insurance? You still deserve healthcare. Check out the qualifying factors and services we offer below.

What Do You Offer? Is It Really Free? 

Nobody deserves to be turned away for healthcare needs. With the help of generous donors, we’re able to provide free family medical care to Kershaw County residents in need of financial assistance. Some of our services include:

  • Primary Family Care
  • Chiropractic Services
  • Diabetes Education
  • Physical Therapy
  • Breast Cancer and Cervical Cancer Screening
  • Other Specialties with Referral

Do I Qualify? 

In order to qualify, our patients must meet the following criteria: 

  • Be a Kershaw County resident.
  • Have NO health insurance (this INCLUDES Medicaid, Medicare, and VA health insurance).
  • Meet our Income Eligibility Guidelines (these are set by federal poverty guidelines and also depend on how many people live in the household). 

How Do I Schedule an Appointment? 

Call us at 803.713.0806 to schedule an appointment at any of our locations around Kershaw County. 


What Should I Bring to the Appointment? 

  • Your Current Photo ID
  • Your Social Security Card: If you have lost your card, a replacement may be obtained from 1111 Broad Street, Camden.
  • Proof of Your Residency: A utility bill, cable bill, property tax bill for your home or vehicle, residential lease, homeowners or renters insurance are all acceptable.
  • If you are living with a friend or relative, you must bring proof of their residency, as above. Also, a letter that is signed and dated stating that you stay with them. Include the address. If they provide you with money, free rent, or any other assistance, please include the amount of their support.
  • Your Medications: Any medicines that you are now taking or a list of your medicines and dosages.
  • Your Proof of Income: 30 days current, consecutive pay stubs, (one month) for ALL individuals in the household with income.
  • Your Federal Tax Return
  • Your 1040 form, for the most recent year
  • Proof of SS, SSI disability, unemployment, food stamps, workman's comp, retirement statement, child support, or alimony.
  • Proof of application or denial from SS, SSI disability, unemployment, food stamps, or Medicare.
  • Medicaid Denial Letter: Get this from the DSS office


Can You Help With Other Services That Might Help Me? 

We’re helping people thrive, not just survive. That’s why we are proud to help those in need apply for Medicaid, Welvista (medication assistance) and SNAP (food stamps).


Call 803.713.0806 to schedule your free healthcare appointment.