Access Kershaw, located in Lugoff, has been helping individuals navigate the maze of healthcare. Community Care Coordinators with AccessKershaw connect people in need of medical, dental, vision and mental health care with local providers and resources. This initiative is funded by the Duke Endowment and includes transitional care. The Transitional Care Program is a collaboration between CMC and KershawHealth. CMC Registered Nurses visit KershawHealth and meet with patients who don’t have insurance and also don’t have primary healthcare providers. Patients can then fill out a CMC application and schedule a follow-up appointment.
What is Transitional Care?
Transitional Care is the coordination of your healthcare once you leave the hospital. The goal of our program is to provide complete care that may prevent you from being readmitted to the hospital.
You are eligible to participate in this program at no cost if…
- you are a Kershaw County resident
- you have no health insurance AND
- you are hospitalized or placed under outpatient observation at KershawHealth.
What can I expect from the Transitional Care Team?
- A personal coach to help coordinate your medical care after you are discharged from the hospital
- Prevention of unnecessary hospital readmission through patient education
- Help with finding a Primary Care Provider
- Assistance in managing medications
- Possible enrollment in other assistance programs
- Regular contact with your assigned Community Care Coordinator
What do I need to enroll today?
A signed consent form allowing our team to access your health records.
West Wateree Medical Complex
1165 Highway 1 South #300
Lugoff, SC 29078
Phone: 803-713-0806 Option 3